Metal braces can be visually unappealing. Older teenagers and adults don't want to deal with them because of their appearance, but the doctors at Personal Choice can help patients in Old Bridge and Parlin, NJ, know this very well, which is why they recommend Invisalign.
More On Invisalign
Your Old Bridge and Parlin dentist creates custom aligners using a specialized computer software. The clear aligners comfortably snuggle over your teeth and function just like traditional braces work, applying pressure on teeth to move them into their proper position.
People don't need to know you're wearing braces, unlike traditional metal braces. The clear plastic aligners are made of polyurethane plastic, which means they're flexible and great for straightening teeth discreetly.
The clear braces need to be worn for about 20 to 22 hours a day. You can take them off if you want to eat, brush your teeth or floss. Make sure you remove the clear aligners and rinse them with lukewarm water. Some people like to take their clear aligners off for special events, but that's unnecessary since they're transparent.
Benefits of Invisalign:
There are several advantages to using Invisalign such as:
- Dental/Oral Regimen: Because Invisalign is a removable appliance, you will be able to clean your teeth more thoroughly than if you have traditional metal braces. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once.
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligners are thin and flexible, so they don't irritate the soft tissue in your mouth, unlike wires of metal braces.
- Transparent Braces: Invisalign is clear, so no one will notice if you have braces.
- Protects Teeth From Bruxism: If you have a teeth-grinding or clenching habit, Invisalign can be used as a nightguard to protect your teeth.
- Eat What You Want: Traditional braces prevent you from eating your favorite foods, like taffy apples or corn, but that's not an issue with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want because the aligners you wear are removable.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Old Bridge and Parlin, NJ, dentist, then call today.